Guests must come prepared for wilderness and the rigors of Alaska Range Winters.
To make your stay at Denali View Chalet completely enjoyable, please remember to bring the following items.
- Nordic Track Skis- wide backcountry skis do not fit well in our tracks!
- Touring Ski Poles- racing type baskets can sometimes punch through the trail.
- Your favorite snacks and lunch foods for the ski in on arrival day.
- Trail supplies, a good-sized day pack, and a one-quart (or larger) water bottle. -Two quarts of liquid per day is advised.
- First aid supplies, particularly a system of moleskin or other blister prevention/protection with adhesive tape, is highly recommended. Aspirin and any personal medications are also advised.
- Warm layers of clothing, including long underwear, a wool hat, gloves and a hooded, waterproof outer layer (pants and parka/anorak) to protect you from snow and wind. Avoid cotton- dress smart!
- Check Susitna Valley weather forecast the morning of departure (click here).
- Sun protection, sunglasses, sunscreen and lip protector.
- Flashlight or headlamp for getting around the lodge after hours at night.
- Insulated boots for walking outdoors.
- Towels for the sauna/shower, and toiletries, house slippers (no outdoor shoes inside...).
- Generally one bag per person about 40 pounds. Soft sided duffle type.
- We are off grid- please charge batteries before coming as we have limited charging available.
- Single bookings- due to our small size, shared accommodations are sometimes necessary in our dorm style rooms. If requested, an extra charge for single room can be required based on bookings.
- If bringing beverages, we request bringing cans or boxed when possible.
- We prefer our guests to enjoy 'distraction free time,' therefore living/common areas are cell phone and electronic device free areas. E-readers ok... Unplug, unwind, relax and leave the world behind- tell everyone you are out of cell range during your stay...
- Dog Policy- Only outdoor dogs allowed- with prior approval.